I’m not a mystery. I like to write. I have definite opinions on things, and I try to be consistent at all times. At times I use invective that would make the weaker sort soil their panties, but I do try to be polite to all visitors unless they really piss me off.
A few random facts about me courtesy of Facebook:
1. Do you like bleu cheese? On occasion
2. Have you ever been bitten by a dog? no
3. Do you own a Gun? “A” gun?
4. Favorite Kool Aid: BLECH
5. Do you get nervous before a doctor appointment ? Yes
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Meh.
7. Do you give money or other things to panhandlers? Only if they hold up cool signs or entertain me in some way.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Coffee
9. Can you do push ups? Yes, but not recently due to shoulder surgery.
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My white gold and diamond heart pendant, which is one of very few things that doesn’t make me break out in rashes.
11. What is your favorite hobby? Blogging
12. Do you have A. D. D ? Mild
13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? Nope
14. Middle name: Nickole
15. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? coffee, peach flavored sugar free red tea with lime juice, water
16. Current hate right now: Liars, deadbeats, and fathers who ignore their children.
17. Favorite place to be? Bed
18. Where would you like to go? Back to Belgium. Love Belgium.
19. Do you own slippers? Yes, they’re pig slippers given to me by my friend Jess
20. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No, they’re slippery and cold
21. Can you whistle? Yes.
22. Would you be a pirate? Only if I didn’t have to hack off a limb or poke out an eye to have a peg leg and an eye patch. Oh, and no parrots. Not fond of birds.
23. What do you sing in the shower? Broadway tunes
24. What vehicle do you drive? 2010 Nissan Versa
25. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Torn ACL, MCL and Meniscus in my right knee that required surgery and screws; torn labrum in my right shoulder that still hasn’t healed correctly, and I still don’t have full range of motion in that arm.
26. Do you have any tattoos? Nope
Some other random facts:
I love mango salsa and weird pizzas such as asiago and mushrooms.
I spent a total of 8 years in the Army.
I was a broadcast journalist and a print journalist… and a public affairs specialist… and my dumbass OIC’s all around bitch on deployment.
I love animals. You abuse them? I curbstomp your stupid ass.
I curse. Even in front of my kids.
I let my kids curse, as long as they know the difference between dropping the “F” bomb at home and behaving like civilized human beings in public.
I let my kids play “M” rated games and watch “R” and “NC-17” rated moves. They are mature enough to handle it, and will ask questions freely and openly.
I was born in what once was known as the USSR. I came to the US when I was eight with my parents.
I had both my tonsils and adenoids taken out without anesthesia. The wonders of socialized medicine.
I like to have long conversations with strippers. Most of them aren’t as stupid as most of you will believe. I find them fascinating as people.
When I was a kid, I wanted to be Spider Man. I spent a lot of time trying to climb walls.
I also wanted to be an astronaut, a psychiatrist, a lawyer, a stock broker and a porn star. I became a Soldier.
I am not to be pigeonholed. I’m fiscally conservative. I believe in a small federal government. I believe in fiscal responsibility. I loathe politicians who like imposing their religious and moral views on me via government force. I loathe politicians. Period. I believe gays should have the same rights as straight people. I believe no politician has the right to tell us whom to love or with whom we’re “authorized” to spend the rest of our lives. I believe people should read, drink, eat or otherwise ingest what they feel is right, as long as they are adults, make their own decisions, do not impose those decisions on children, and do not harm anyone else with their actions.
I love my boyfriend, my kids, my pets and my friends and family.
I loathe racism and have a visceral reaction to it.
The worst thing anyone can do to me is lie.
I have very strong reactions to many things, and I will vent those reactions on here.
I don’t blog for anyone else but myself. If you are offended, please feel free to leave and not come back.