In case you gun owners didn’t know this, Dianne Feinstein thinks you’re all potential criminals and crazies who at any point can snap and use your firearms to kill scores of innocent children. Ergo, she believes you need to be registered, fingerprinted, taxed and tracked merely for exercising your Second Amendment right.
No, I’m not kidding.
The “assault” weapons ban Feinswine plans on introducing as a “serious” measure to prevent massacres such as the one at Sandy Hook Elementary School includes nearly every firearm and aims to ensure that gun owners in this nation are tracked by their own government – not for committing any type of crime, but for merely owning what they’re constitutionally entitled to own.
Think I’m being paranoid?
- Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
- 120 specifically-named firearms;
- Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one or more military characteristics; and
- Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
- Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
- Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test;
- Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test; and
- Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans.
- Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
- Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
- Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
- Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes; and
- Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
- Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
- Background check of owner and any transferee;
- Type and serial number of the firearm;
- Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
- Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
- Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration.
So, she’ll ban most firearms – mostly for cosmetic reasons – and those she would allow you to keep… well, you’ll have to submit to a complete booking process, including photo and fingerprint.
In other words… let’s say you’re the proud owner of a scary, black rifle gifted to you by your grandpappy – a rifle you have never used to commit any kind of crime. Well, if Feinswine has her way, you will be branded a potential criminal merely for owning the object.
Presumption of innocence? PLEASE! Where do you think you are, America?
Let’s not mention the fact that the scary-looking guns she wants to ban are simply semi-automatics that fire a single round with one pull of the trigger – no matter what size the magazine.
Let’s not mention the fact that someone intent on killing people simply has to pre- load 5-6 “legal” 10-round mags before going on their spree, drop the empty mag, and slap in the next one and keep shooting. That takes all of a couple of seconds, making the ban on high-capacity magazines absolutely worthless.
And let’s not mention the fact that “shall not be infringed” means just that.
I know folks who are convinced this proposed ban will go nowhere – that because the majority of Americans oppose it, it will not pass. I will just remind you that this is not the first time politicians have rammed legislation down the throats of unwilling Americans.
I will also remind you that there will always be idiot sheep who will abide by such unreasonable mandates and will turn themselves into subjects instead of citizens.
And government officials, aided by a compliant media are more than willing to foment panic. Witness the grim looking police officer standing next to an AT-4 tube, looking like the damn thing could explode any moment.
Meanwhile, the author of the article, one Dennis Romero, breathlessly hyperventilates about this weapon of “terror.”
Holy hell why do people on our streets have military grade rocket launchers?
They propel rocket grenades, but the official called them “non-working” because they did not have the “projectiles” with them. Thank God!?
Asked if they could arouse terror concerns among FBI and Homeland Security officials, the lawman told us that the LAPD had received no inquiries and that the department would, in any case, honor its no-questions-asked commitment to keep the donors anonymous.
Oh noez! A LAW weapon! For tankz and stuff!
Relax, Dennis. Go change your diaper. No one “on the streets” has anything of the sort.
Anyone who’s ever spent any time in the military and has fired one of these things knows that it’s one shot. Fire, and it’s done. The thing is now a paperweight, and Los Angeles just handed over $200 to some guy for a plastic tube.